Wednesday 4 February 2015

Taking Care of Your Feet.


Yesterday I spent the night at another sister missionary's apartment and I forgot to bring my running shoes for my morning run. 
This morning I decided I would just run barefoot .No big deal right?
(Sister Stucki says I need to add that I was indeed running on a treadmill and not just pavement.)  
Two miles and six blisters later.....it's a pretty big deal. 
Every step I take is a reminder of my terrible mistake.
WHHHHYYY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME????????? 

I put some moleskin around the blisters to make them feel better, and I put on an extra pair of socks to give my feet more padding. I'm not sure if either of these things will actually help, but I think I'm on the path toward healing. 

The point is...
All this talk about feet, and mistakes, and healing, makes me think of Jesus Christ. 
It makes me think of the path we need to walk in order to follow Christ.
It makes me think of all the mistakes we will make as we strive to follow the path. 
These mistake will bring pain and sorrow, but Christ will help and heal us along the way.  



"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ."
-Moroni 10:32 

No comments:

Post a Comment